Planted as bulbs, tulips provide spring flowers in dazzling colours and flower shapes. Grow them in borders, rock gardens and containers before summer flowers appear. Specialist tulips related to wild species often multiply in gardens.
- Cup-shaped flowers with attractive centres
- Easy to grow in borders and pots
- Bulbs are planted in autumn
- Grow in full sun, although some tolerate light-shade
- Nutrient-rich, free-draining soil is best
- Bulbs replaced annually for best displays
- Specialist tulips are likely to re-flower and bulbs often multiply